NIT Rourkela Ph.D / M.Tech Admissions 2010
National Institute of Technology Rourkela Admission To Ph.D / M.Tech.(Research) Programmes Starting Autumn Semester(July), 2010-11.
Admission to Ph.D. and M.Tech.(Research) Programmes of the Institute with or without fellowship.
Departments and field of Research
Biotechnology and Medical Engineering
Computer Science & Engineering
Electronics & Communication Engineering (Including Instrumentation Engineering)
Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
School of Management
Humanities & Social Sciences (English, Psychology, Economics & Sociology)
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D. Programme:
The minimum qualification required for admission to Ph.D. programme in Engineering, Science, Management, Humanities & Social Science is one of the following:
a) M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharm in relevant discipline with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks in aggregate in both B.Tech. (or M.Sc./M.Pharm/MCA) and M.Tech. levels from a recognized technical Institute or University.
b) B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm/MCA or equivalent in relevant discipline with CGPA of 7.0 or 65 percent marks in aggregate.
c) M.Sc. in Basic Sciences with CGPA 7.0 or 65 percent marks in aggregate in relevant disciplines.
d) M.B.B.S. with CGPA 6.5 or 60 percent marks in aggregate.
e) M. Sc. /M.A. / MBA / M.Com. in Humanities or Social Sciences or Management with CGPA 6.5 or 60 percent marks.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Tech (Research) Programme:
The minimum qualification required for admission to M.Tech (Research) programme in Engineering, Science, Management, Humanities & Social Science is one of the following:
a) B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm/MCA or equivalent in relevant discipline with 60 percent marks in aggregate (or 6.5 CGPA).
b) M.Sc. in Basic Sciences with 60 percent marks in aggregate (or 6.5 CGPA) in relevant disciplines.
c) M.B.B.S. with 60 percent marks in aggregate (or 6.5 CGPA).
d) M. Sc. /M.A. / MBA / M.Com. in Humanities, Social Sciences or Management with 60 per cent marks or 6.5 CGPA.
1. Students with B.Tech. background will be given preference over students with M.Sc. background, even with an M.Tech. degree, for selection as Research Scholars in Engineering Disciplines.
2. Students with any other relevant background can be eligible with approval of Senate or Chairman, Senate on the recommendation of the DAC (PG & R).
3. Science students admitted to Ph.D. programme in Engineering need Mathematics in +3 level. Students without Mathematics in +3 level may be admitted under the condition that they will have to register for 16 credits of 100 and 200 level Mathematics & Computer Science courses (Theory and Practical) in addition to their normal course requirement, and secure at least C grade in each course.
1. There is no relaxation in academic requirement for SC/ST/OBC/Handicapped students.
2. Students of one discipline may seek admission in a related department which will be considered on the basis of merit of the case. Selection will be made on the basis of academic record, relevance of qualification, candidate’s research interest, existing research programmes and facilities of the departments, and performance in tests and/or interviews.
Students will be required to pay all institute dues applicable to appropriate academic programme.
Sponsored/Local Sponsored candidates:
The Institute welcomes candidates from reputed academic and R & D Institutions, as well as from Government organisations and Industry. Sponsored candidates can work full time in the Institute or at their place of work after satisfying residential requirements, if facilities exist. Local sponsored applicants (working in and around Rourkela) must have enough time and flexibility in their job assignment in order to continue the programme applied. Sponsored candidates must have completed at least two years of continuous service in the sponsoring organisation, which must be an institution of repute employing good number of engineering/science professionals. Sponsored students are expected to serve their sponsoring organization on completion of their degree in NIT, for at least 3 years after completion of the academic programme.
Interested candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria may apply in the prescribed form downloading from the Institute website www.nitrkl.ac.in . The completed application form along with relevant documents should be sent to Assistant Registrar (Academic), National Institute of Technology, Rourkela – 769008. Application incomplete in any respect or without relevant documents will be rejected.
Contact Person: Mr. D. Sahoo
Telephone: 0661-2462081, 2464810, 2464000
For further details please contact:
Dean(Ac), NIT Rourkela. Phone 0661-2462702, Email: email@example.com
Assistant Registrar (Ac), NIT Rourkela, Phone 0661-2462031, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information visit-: http://www.nitrkl.ac.in/
Friday, February 12, 2010
NIT Rourkela Ph.D / M.Tech Admissions 2010