IIST B.Tech Admissions 2013
IIST is Asia's first Space Institute and the first in the world to offer the complete range of undergraduate, post graduate, doctoral programmes with specific focus to space science, technology and applications.
B.Tech Programmes :
1. B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering
2. B.Tech. in Avionics
3. B.Tech. in Physical Sciences
Eligibility for IIST B.Tech 2013
* Only Indian citizenscan apply for admission to IIST
* The date of birth of the candidates belonging to GEN and OBC (NCL1 categories should be on or after October 1, 1988, while the date of birth of those belonging to SC( ST and PD categories should be on or after October 1,1983.
* After qualifying the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main)–2013 conducted by CBSE, the candidate must appear for IIT-JEE(Advanced)-2013 and score the following minimum prescribed category-wise marks in JEE(Advanced)-2013:
[a] General Candidates: At least 5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) and 20% marks in aggregate.
[b] OBC (NCL) Candidates: At least 90% of the marks prescribed for General Candidates asgiven in (a).
[c] SC. ST & PD Candidates: At least 50% of the marks prescribed for General Candidates asgiven in (a).
The marks secured by the candidate in JEE(Advanced)-2013 examination will be used only for deciding his/her eligibility for admission, and will not be considered for preparing the rank list for admission to IIST.
Rank List For Admission
Admission to Undergraduate Programmes (B.Tech) for the year 2013 will be based on the All India Rank List (including category rank list) prepared and published for the year 2013 by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). This rank list is based on 60% weightage of score in the Joint Entrance Examination JEElMainl-2013. and 40% of normalized score in Class 12th or other qualifying examinations.
Online registration of application for admission to IIST will commence at www.iist.ac.in on 17th May 2013 and end on 8th July 2013.
For more information visit : http://www.iist.ac.in/